If you have a spendy-trendy tablet, gadget, smart phone, PC or Mac you can easily connect it to your home stereo via BlueTooth with the Sony HWSBTA2W and bust your music library in wireless style. Yes, with this Sony Two-Way Bluetooth Adapter you can easily play any audio from your iPhone, iPad, Android, Xoom, WP7, Blackberry and many other tech gadgets to your home receiver. There are a few good and bad points of this device, which I will cover, but if you just want to play music ( or sound from movies, Netflix, Hulu, or similar ) you should definitely consider the Sony HWS-BTA2W available at Amazon and EBay for between $40-$55 USD. I own it, and it’s pretty sweet and can definitely fill your needs! Everything I own successfully connects to this bluetooth adapter, and pumps through my home stereo.
I’m giving you a lot of information below, so please feel free to ask me any questions here, or on any other of our social media pages, I’d love to help, because I know you will like this device. ~Booya Cuz
USEAGE OPTIONS / IDEAS
The way I use the Sony Bluetooth adapter, is mainly for music and audio streaming from video on my devices. For example, I use it to listen to music stored directly on my toys, or even Pandora, Zune, and Google Music. So, for music only you’re covered! I have a lot of devices, more than most, and I’m confident that musically you will be satisfied. Another cool way you can use this is to watch video on your iPad or Tablet, and stream the audio straight to your home stereo! I definitely do this a lot as well and you can too once your sweet little bluetooth adapter arrives in the mail! I use this not only for my Xoom tablet, and smart phones, but it also works with my Macbook Pro and PC as well. I hope I’m helping you use your imagination, but I think a majority of purchasers will use this for music streaming. Yet another option would be to connect this to your TV and stream the audio FROM your TV TO a set of Bluetooth Headphones for late night movie watching with a sleeping spouse.. So many options.
Remember, this fancy little device is actually a 2 Way transmitter ! That means it can both SEND AND RECEIVE audio signals via bluetooth.
LIKE IT ? HERE ARE 2 PURCHASE OPTIONS SO YOU CAN BUY IT NOW.
- Buy it on Amazon ( I bought mine on Amazon, read the 100+ comments for your own perspective )
- Buy it Now on Ebay
- CABLE TO BUY FROM ADAPTER TO HOME STEREO
- View 10 More photos on our Flickr page
THE GOOD AND BAD
- GOOD: Connect a plethora of devices to your home stereo. Throw a kick-ass party using your phone, or enjoy video sound in style.
- GOOD: Although pricey, this is one of the lower cost methods to wireless stream audio to(or from) your home stereo system!
- BAD: A little Expensive. Expect $45 – $55
- BAD: If you have multiple devices, you have to re-sync each time. Works with multiple devices, but requires a little extra elbow grease since you’ll have to do the below instructions if you flip-flop back and forth. If you only have 1 device, this is not a problem..
HOW TO CONNECT YOUR DEVICE
- Connect your HWSBTA2 to your home stereo with a stereo jack->analog(red,white)
- Plug in the HWSBTA2W Sony Bluetooth Adapter, turn it on – press and hold the “ID SET button” for about 8 seconds’ish. This will set the adapter into discovery mode.
- Grab yer device, turn on its Bluetooth and ensure it is ready to discover new devices!
- Once both devices are on and ready to talk, your phone/tablet/pc will find the Sony adapter.
- Your device will ask for the super-secret-magic password which is “OOOO” ( 4-Zeroes )
- BAM ! Now your audio will stream from your device to your home stereo! ( make sure your input settings set on your home stereo )
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO REVIEW ON YOUTUBE OF THIS SWEET LIL DEVICE:
** UPDATE ALTERNATIVE PRODUCT **
My friends at Android Central shared another purchase option with me. While I haven’t tested it, it certainly seems to be another option, a little cheaper and potentially more uses:
Plantronics UPP260 Plantronics Pulsar 260 Stereo
READY ? HERE ARE 2 PURCHASE OPTIONS SO YOU CAN RESEARCH OR BUY IT NOW.
About the Author: I'm am a multi-platform tech enthusiast with Droid, Windows, and Mac / iOS, and some Linux and Raspberry Pi etc.. Published a few windows phone apps, and android apps. I love tech and gadgets. Professionally I typically work in I.T. as a SQL developer.