It’s really easy to add your own custom images to the home screen of your Ford Sync Navigation system powered by Microsoft. In my case I have a 2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid, but these easy steps will apply to your fancy Nav system on Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles. It’s a nice way to customize your dash, easy to do, and highly recommended.
- Images must be JPEG ( .jpeg, .jpe, .jpg )
- Images can be up to 1.5MB in size
- You can store up to 32 Images
EASY STEPS TO ADD CUSTOM IMAGES TO FORD/LINCOLN MyTOUCH
- Search the web or your personal photos for up to 32 JPEG images ( I recommend making a folder on your PC to store all your choices )
- Using your PC or MAC computer, BURN THE IMAGES onto a CD-R disc
- In your vehicle, turn on the Ford/Lincoln myTouch nav system and press the HOME SCREEN button in the bottom left of your screen
- Insert the CD-R that has your custom pics ( the system will indicate it is reading the disc )
- In the Lower Right or Left of the screen press the “right arrow” image until you get to the default image, and literally press the image.
- The screen will now change to show all available images. PRESS THE ADD Button which will open the images on your CD-R
- PRESS ADD ALL, This will cycle through your custom pics and load them to the myTouch Hard Drive
- Once loaded, hit the BACK command on the bottom right of the screen and select the image you’d like to use
- To use images on both the left and the right simply hit the RIGHT ARRROW’s again on the home screen to cycle through your available options.
Enjoy your own custom images on your fancy Ford / Lincoln myTouch nav system powered by Microsoft.
About the Author: I'm am a multi-platform tech enthusiast with Droid, Windows, and Mac / iOS, and some Linux and Raspberry Pi etc.. Published a few windows phone apps, and android apps. I love tech and gadgets. Professionally I typically work in I.T. as a SQL developer.