2011 is set to be a great year on the video game front. Many of our favorite titles are going to be revisited this year. This is just a short list of some of the great upcoming PS3 exclusives for 2011.
Looks like it’s going to be a great year for gaming, so here are some popular titles by great development companies.
Little Big Planet 2
January 18, 2011
- Media Molecule innovated the way we look at platform games. Sackboy’s adventure picks up where the original PS3 title ended. A Vacuum, the Negativitron, threatens to destroy Craftland forcing Sackboy to team up with Larry Da Vinci. Larry is the leader of The Alliance, a group that is dedicated to fighting The Negativitron.
February 22, 2011
- Guerrilla Games will be bringing us the next chapter of Killzone 3. This title picks up right after the events of Killzone 2. The game follows Sev, a special forces agent fighting for the ISA against the Helghast Empire. Sev and his comrade Rico are stuck, without reinforcements, fighting alone for their escape.
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
November 1, 2011
- Naughty Dog knows adventure games and their next installment of the Uncharted Series will be nothing short of epic. Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan will travel around the world in search of the a legendary lost city, The Iram of Pillars.
Twisted Metal PS3
- Eat, Sleep, Play is going to be releasing the next installment of the Twisted Metal series. The game will focus on multi-player car combat pitting four different faction against one another. The Clowns, the Dolls, the Skulls, and the Preachers will make up the four factions in the game. David Jaffe promised the game before December 5th, let’s keep our fingers crossed.
- Sucker Punch Productions is releasing the sequel to Infamous this year. Cole MacGrath maintains the lead as he heads to a new city called New Marais. New Marais is set to resemble real life New Orleans. Cole’s trip to the new city gives him the chance to learn more about himself and to gather new abilities that will eventually help him to defeat The Beast.
Ratchet and Clank: All for One
- Insomniac Games revisits the Ratchet and Clank world with a multi-player twist. When Dr. Nefarious attempts to destroy Ratchet for good, his evil plan backfires. Clank, Ratchet, Quark and Nefarious all end up trapped inside the Creature Collector. Forced to work together, the foursome must try to escape the machine, to get back home.
The Last Guardian
- Team Ico has dazzled us with their vision in the past and now the power of the PS3 should enable them to dazzle us once again. This game tells the story of a young boy and a feathered creature named Trico. The game will follow their relationship, which will grow throughout the game into a very strong emotional bond. Shadows of the Colossus and Ico are also set to be released this year, remastered in HD.
- Rockstar North is going to deliver the PS3 a title of espionage, counter-intelligence, and political assassination. Details are short on the plot of this new game from Rockstar. As of today we know that it will take place in the 1970’s during the Cold War.
Like we said this was just a sample of the exciting PS3 titles coming this year. Know of any other titles that you are anxiously awaiting. Well speak up and let us know. All of the Screenshots used in this post are available at our Flickr page, cut and cropped to fit perfectly as wallpaper for your PSP. Check it out.