Play Nintendo on Android with a Wii Controller
Since posting our video showing off Nesoid on my Xoom, I got a lot of questions on connecting your Wii Motion Plus Controller to my Android. I’m using a Xoom, and it looks amazing but if your Droid device is compatible the rules are the same. Our Best Xoom Apps has the written muscle-flexing of this smile-generating writeup. Although this is titled for Nesoid, connecting a Wii Motion Controller works for all the emulators so the main steps can be used for PS One, Super Nintendo, Nintendo, Atari, and even Nintendo 64 emulators. So keep on reading as it works well.
This walkthrough is specific for the nesoid (NES) app and driving with a Wii Motion Controller, NOT the Classic pro which is slightly different. We also have the instructions for the Classic Pro ( Snesoid) on another post.You do NOT need a Wii Motion controller to play Nesoid, but it sure makes it better ! Here is a quick run through. We also have a complete set of sample photos on our Flickr gameplay and Wii Connection.
- Wii Remote Plus – White on Amazon
- Here is our Review of SNesoid, yup, same wii motion plus the classic pro for Super Nintendo! Read it HERE
- More Project pictures of Amazon WiiMote
1. Install the Apps from the Android Marketplace
2. I assume you have some NES Files? If you don’t you’re really wasting your time. This is searchable.. On your own here.
3. Ensure your device’s bluetooth is ON
4. Open up your Wii battery slot, and push the red button, to enable bluetooth synch.
5. Fire up Wiimote, click INIT.
- The first time you fire it up, a popup will display, select YES.. This will add a new input method on your droid device. WiiControllerIME
- Now enable this new input method in your Language & Input settings options. “turn it on”. Go back into WiiMote app and ensure your INIT CONNECT is successful. It will say it found 1 device. Things are looking good now, getting closer.
6. Fire up Nesoid
- Hit the settings menu / Input Settings / Key mappings.. This is the GOTCHA that most people ask me about. Once your Wii controller is connected, you must “manually” remap the keys ! If you fire up a game and nothing happens when you push buttons, this is why ! I recommend that you save your profile.. I called mine “Wii Controller” . You may want to create the profile before you enable the Wii as the input method, otherwise you cannot type. I also selected “gamepad” as my 2nd input device.
- CRITICAL: You also need to go to nesoid/settings/Other Setings and enable “Use input method”.. I don’t remember doing it, I just work here. But it should be checked so you can rock the bluetooth connections.
- CRITICAL : If you go to Map your keys and still can’t push a button, MAKE SURE (on phone/tablet) settings/input that your CURRENT input device is set to IME.
I recommend you visit us on](https://www.youtube.com/user/BooyaGadget) where we pump out mucho videos to help or entertain you on a variety of topics as well as “the Twitter”. We are constantly putting up pictures and video so we’re good friends to have and we love to talk about gadgets and technology with our readers and viewers! I get a lot of tips from YOU(thanks btw)
BOOYA ! Enjoy the hell out of your Nintendo games.. In my opinion, this is one of the best apps of all times, if you’re into nostalgia that is.
Here is the demo on my beloved Android Honeycomb Xoom !