With Golf Season quickly approaching on the West Coast of the USA, it’s no surprise that Tiger Woods 12 is out and ready for your evaluation. Get yourself a preview of the Best Golf Game available on the market for any system. Yes there’s Move support. Yes there are many new features and remember you will get credit for progress you make with the Demo.
* * update 3.25.2011: New Gameplay Video Added see below **
Here you can check out all the features for XBox, PS3 and Wii, but there are a few things we’ll be watching for specifically. Due to time constraints, it’s been reported that Tiger will have no Kinect support, but will be compatible with Playstation Move. Kinect shines in some areas, and not in others. “Faking” a golf swing with no club would feel a little on the silly side in my opinion, so I will be acquiring this game for the PS3 with no hesitation.
Having written many articles and shot nearly 20 HD videos reviews of the Move, it is something you should consider trying. It’s not a simple task, and requires a little time adjusting to “virtual golf”, but using motion controls is a fun and challenging way of playing one of the greatest golf titles anywhere. One of the biggest complaints I received about the game was putting difficulty. While I blame my own lack of skill for poor putting performance, others with more skills than me, still feel it was too inconsistent.
For my gaming budget, Tiger 12 is a must buy, but I won’t stand in line, nor race for a first day release, but the game will be in my collection sometime after the April 1st Releast date. And, as usual, it will get the occasional play from me until EA Sports can get $50 more of my hard earned cash with Tiger 13 ! If you are more budget conscious, don’t always get the latest and greatest, or commonly by “last year’s model” to save dough then to be honest, Tiger 11 is still a valid choice for your money although some features would be a little out-dated.
Features listed by EA
Grab your clubs and your caddy and prepare to step onto the hallowed grounds of Augusta National Golf Club for the first time in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR historySet out on the Road to the Masters in career mode, starting on an amateur tour and then working your way through Q School, Nationwide Tour and ultimately, the PGA TOUR.
- Relive and play memorable moments throughout the history of the Masters to see how you measure up to past golf greats
- Attempt to win the distinctive Green Jacket as you compete at Augusta National and play through the holes that comprise Amen Corner
- Become immersed in the action with the all-new broadcast presentation package featuring commentary from Jim Nantz and David Feherty
- Enjoy realistic gameplay with enhanced visuals that showcase high-fidelity character models and course details, including 3D grass that responds more like actual grass
- Gain assistance, support and advice from your trusted caddie, who will level up through Course Mastery and become more knowledgeable with every round
- Play a complete round in half the time with the Fast Golf featureNew save system lets you save and resume your game at any point in the round
- Jump-start your career by carrying over experience from Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11Showcase your talents as any of a variety of talented golfers, including PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Rickie Fowler, past Masters champion Zach Johnson, Ryder Cup participant Bubba Watson and many more
- For 1 to 4 players
Check out the demo today, and let us know what you think. I am excited about the game and enjoy winding down an evening with 18 holes..
Here is our video from last year’s Tiger 11 video showcasing the Move.
About the Author: I'm am a multi-platform tech enthusiast with Droid, Windows, and Mac / iOS, and some Linux and Raspberry Pi etc.. Published a few windows phone apps, and android apps. I love tech and gadgets. Professionally I typically work in I.T. as a SQL developer.