For the right person, a Kinde Paperwhite is an excellent e-reader, fully Booya Certified. It's an affordable, simple and highly effective device.
With plenty of gadgets at my fingertips I didn’t “need” another book reading device but I love having what I call a “Battleaxe Gadget” next to my bed, reliable and miraculously always has some juice left.
I definitely like the Paperwhite better than the previous version of my Kindle Touch because of its many new features. This thing truly is just like reading a book and it is totally usable in direct sunlight and of course at night. This is arguably the best e-ink / e-reading experience on the market today, reading books on this bad-boy is truly a pleasure.
- AMAZON REVIEWS AND PRICINGKindle Paperwhite, High Res Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi
- View 39 more pictures of the Paperwhite and the Amazon Leather Case on Booya Flickr
- Kindle Best Selling eBooks on Amazon
There are 4 obvious best features of the Kindle Paperwhite: affordability, built-in lighting, crazy-long battery life and the great screen resolution. This thing looks like a book, you can store thousands of books in it, it’s small, portable and easy. Most customer and owner feedback that you may read during your shopping experience confirm this. If you feel you need more tablet-like features then grab a Kindle Fire or Kindle HD or all the way up to Android and iPad tablets (budget permitting). If you want simplicity and just a great book reading experience then save a few bucks by not buying a tablet and grab the Paperwhite.
WHO IS THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE KINDLE PAPERWHITE ?
The perfect owner of the Paperwhite is obviously a passionate book reader, and everybody knows one or is one themselves. But the reason I don’t think this great gadget is for everyone is because the Kindle App software is so good and widely available. You can get the Kindle book reading app on an iPad, a droid tablet, and any smart phone. The software is even available on a PC or Mac. If you already have another tablet I wouldn’t feel compelled to purchase a Paperwhite as well.
Travelers are also an excellent gift recipient for a Kindle. Airline travel is tricky now-a-days and it’s nice not to lug around heavy books. But if you travel with your family, maybe your kids steal the iPad for gaming and you could still use your own Paperwhite and read the entire flight on the way there AND back on the same battery charge!
As I mentioned in my opening paragraph, I certainly don’t “need” my Kindle but I love owning mine.
PAPERWHITE CASE (NOT INCLUDED) WHITE USB ADAPTER(INCLUDED)
You can buy the Amazon Brand Paperwhite Leather case for $39.
I really like this case, it’s a perfect fit, protects your Paperwhite and also provides a nice auto-off feature when the magnetic clasp is closed. It’s super-easy to install and comes in a variety of colors depending on your taste.
The only thing that comes for free is the USB Cable ( wall adapter not included ). So to charge your Kindle Paperwhite, you’ll need to have your own wall adapter, or simply plug it into a computer which is what I do.
KINDLE PAPERWHITE FEATURES AND MARKETING SPECS FROM AMAZON
- Patented built-in light evenly illuminates the screen to provide the perfect reading experience in all lighting conditions
- Paperwhite has 62% more pixels for unsurpassed resolution
- 25% better contrast for sharp, dark text
- Even in bright sunlight, Paperwhite delivers clear, crisp text and images with no glare
- New hand-tuned fonts - 6 font styles, 8 adjustable sizes
- 8-week battery life, even with the light on
- Holds up to 1,100 books - take your library wherever you go
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you download books in under 60 seconds
- New Time to Read feature uses your reading speed to let you know when you’ll finish your chapter
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as Kurt Vonnegut
- Supports children’s books and includes new parental controls